Friday 5 January 2007

Roka

Roka
37 Charlotte Street, W1T 1RR
Square Meal Summary

Last night was date night for me and Joe. It's his first week of hard core triathlon training (aiming for and Ironman in 2008) and I get a good meal for going to the gym with him hehehe.

Thursday is busy so the restaurant was booked, but we sat at the bar made out of a large hunk of wood and watched the chef's work the Robata Grill in the middle of the restaurant. We had some delicious sake there, a sweeter variety I'll have to get the name of later.

Some say the rock shrimp tempura could be better than Nobu, but Joe and I disagree. I think I had bigger rock shrimp at Cheese Cake Factory :). But sometimes you have to give London restaurants the benefit of the doubt because I think they just have a hard time getting good/fresh ingredients.

However, the sushi was top notch (small pieces so order a lot) and the grilled black cod with miso was yum yum.

We spent about £40 GBP per person -- but Joe tried to hide the bill from me so I'm not supposed to know :). Would go back when I crave fresh sushi and good sake :)


No comments: